OLD FASHIONED RICE PUDDING

 


 OLD FASHIONED RICE PUDDING IS DELICIOUS SERVED WARM OR CHILLED. I HAD SOME FROM THE REFRIGERATOR WITH A LITTLE MILK STIRRED IN AND IT WAS WONDERFUL! HOMEMADE GOODNESS FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS!

This is the real thing – a mass of creamy rice and a thick brown speckled nutmeg skin.

Don’t forget to take a sharp knife and scrape off all the bits of caramelised skin that stick to the edges – my grandmother always did that and gave everyone an equal amount.

This dessert is perfect for a cold winter night when you want to make something really easy and delicious using ingredients you already have in your pantry.

I LOVE rice pudding, and ate it often as a child. Probably my mother’s attempt at getting something, ANYTHING in my belly. To say that I might have been a picky eater is kind of an understatement. I didn’t like different food types touching on my plate, and nearly had a conniption whenever she’d serve peas and carrots mixed up. I mean, I liked peas. I liked carrots. BUT MIXING THEM WAS WRONG.

INGREDIENTS:
2/3 c. Minute Rice
2 3/4 c. milk
1/3 c. sugar
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Cinnamon
1/2 c. raisins

How to make this recipe


First step : Combine Minute Rice, milk & raisins, sugar, butter, salt, vanilla & nutmeg in a buttered 1 quart baking dish.
Second step : Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 h, stirring after 15 mins & again when pudding is done.
Third step : Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Finally step : Serve warm or chilled. Pudding thickens as it stands.

Patricia

Easy home cooked comfort. Welcome to cookingovertheworld.blogspot.com! Here you will find deliciously simple recipes for the every day home cook. Easy to follow, tried, tested and loved! From my home to yours… happy cooking!

Previous Post Next Post

نموذج الاتصال