new york style cheesecake

 


With this recipe, a creamy, gorgeous, crack-free New York-style cheesecake is totally doable, even for beginners!
Creamy, tangy, and oh so sweet, this New York-Style Cheesecake will become an instant favorite.
 Looking for the perfect cheesecake recipe? It takes a bit of hubris to describe a recipe as "perfect", especially for something like cheesecake, for which so many have their own personal favorite.

But, this is simply the best, most wonderful cheesecake I have ever had, and have ever made. It is based on a master recipe, from the master of baking herself

INGREDIENTS :

    TO MAKE THE CRUST, I NEEDED:

2 cups of graham cracker crumbs.

5 tbsp of melted margarine.

3 tbsp of white sugar.

A pinch of salt.

    FOR FILLING, I USED:

2 large containers of full-fat cream cheese (room temperature).

1 cup and half of the white sugar.

A pinch of salt.

2 tsp of vanilla extract.

1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.

1 tbsp of cornstarch.

4 eggs (room temperature).

1 cup sour cream (room temperature).

    FOR TOPPING, I USED:


3 cups of diced fresh strawberries.

6 tbsp white sugar.

1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.

1 tsp vanilla extract.

INSTRUCTIONS :


Step 1:

I preheated the furnace to 350 F, and I placed the rack in the lower third.

Step 2:

Under a springform pan, I put double layers of extra-large aluminum foil and then I covered the bottom and sides of the pan, wrap it tightly around the sides to ensure that no water gets in during baking in the water bath.

Step 3:

I mixed the graham cracker crumbs with sugar, melted margarine, and salt together to make the crust.

Step 4:

I pressed the mixture into the bottom and sides of the prepared pan and cooked for about 10 to 15 minutes, and let it cool.

Step 5:

I changed the oven temperature down to 325 F when it was done!

Step 6:

I beat cream cheese until smooth and moist to make the filling.

Step 7:

I beat in the sugar steadily until light and fluffy. Then I whisked in the vanilla extract, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt.

Step 8:

After that, I beat in eggs, one by one and I used my mixer at low speed and blended the ingredients slowly until smooth.

P.S: don’t introduce a lot of air into the batter, please.

Step 9:

I added in the sour cream at last.

Step 10:

In a roasting pan, I placed the springform pan, then I poured the batter into the springform pan and smooth the surface.

Step 11:

I put boiling water in the roasting pan halfway up the side of the springform pan (make sure no water drips on the batter).

Step 12:

I placed them in the oven and bake at 325 F for 60 to 50 minutes.

Step 13:

I let it sit in the oven with the door slightly open for 1 hour, then I allowed it to cool to room temperature.

Step 14:

I covered the top when cooled and put it in the refrigerator to chill throughout the night.

    This is how I made the strawberry topping:

Step 15:

I mixed half of the strawberries with the sugar and lemon juice together in a saucepan. Stirring constantly, I cooked the mixture for 7 to 10 minutes over medium heat, or until the sauce thickens.

Step 16:

I removed from the heat and added in the vanilla with the remaining strawberries when thickened, and cool to room temperature, then I spread over the cake!

ENJOY IT!

Patricia

Easy home cooked comfort. Welcome to cookingovertheworld.blogspot.com! Here you will find deliciously simple recipes for the every day home cook. Easy to follow, tried, tested and loved! From my home to yours… happy cooking!

Previous Post Next Post

نموذج الاتصال